quarta-feira, 27 de fevereiro de 2013

Números



Tudo que você possui pertence a uma das 10 maiores corporações mundiais. Para elas, você é apenas um número, e números, ao contrário do que pensamos, não contam 

Basically every product you own, is owned by one of the 10 biggest corporations in the world. They don’t care about the environment, veganism, or if anything is cruelty free. You’re a number to them, and you make them billions upon billions of dollars.

I focus on almost every aspect of veganism on this account except for pictures of food. The majority of #vegan pictures are of food. As much as I think it’s important to learn about nutrition, veganism is much bigger than what’s for dinner.

If you’re not in it for the diet, read EVERY label, not just your food. I’m honestly horrified at how infused animal cruelty is to the products you use every day. What scares me even more is how little the public is actually aware of what’s going on.

I remember the first day I learned about animal testing ✂ and how crushed bugs were used as dyes and what gelatin is. The first thing I did when I came home from school was throw out every product in my parent’s cabinets: Tide, Downey, Cascade, Windex, Comet, Clorox, Dawn, Pert Plus, Crest, Dove, Listerine, etc… I got in a lot of trouble for it, but mainly because there was nothing left. How scary is that?

I don’t want you to feel bad because you didn’t know, but I DARE you to look through all of your products: your makeup, shampoo, toothpaste, dish soap, laundry detergent. All of it. Read the ingredients. (If you can’t pronounce it, don’t buy it). Find out the name of the company and their parent company.

If your product has an expiration date- it’s safe to say it’s way better for you than something with a “lifetime warranty!” I’m scared, but being scared is good. Being “okay” with big brother owning your kitchen and bathroom cabinets is scary. #vegansofig

http://instagr.am/p/Lrdk29miWf/






Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário